As Diabetes month comes to a close, I really hope you learned a few important things:
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes are different diseases.
- I test my blood sugar roughly 5-10 times a day.
- I take insulin 24/7 and more when I eat through an insulin pump(mine is pink).
- I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, but I know how to choose my battles.
- I count carbohydrates, not sugar.
- Diabetes can cause other complications, like neuropathy or retinopathy.
- There are certain ways people without diabetes should act around people living with diabetes, or certain ways to ask things at least.
- Exercise is crucial when living with diabetes.
- Diabetes and alcohol can be tricky.
- There’s nothing stopping me, ever.
Until next year, your favorite diabadass